Skip to main content

Makes you wonder....



Makes you wonder Who would be able to vote if we had literacy tests.

.....about Tom Tancredo.....and his friends..... and who he thinks are his followers?!

Former Congressman and 2008 Republican presidential candidate Tom Tancredo told an audience on Thursday at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville that "people who could not even spell the word 'vote', or say it in English, put a committed socialist ideologue in the White House."
"His name," Tancredo said, "is Barack Hussein Obama."
Tancredo delivered the opening keynote speech at the convention where several hundred Tea Party conservatives have gathered.


Makes you proud to be an American, don’t it?

Of course, the thing they’re ignoring is that Barack Obama, and his wife, could have passed any literacy test invented by the good ole boys who spell those signs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medicare for All should be our goal

" Under the greatest adversity there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others ." ~Dalai Lama And one of Montana's Methodist Ministers, Joan Uda, wrote an editorial for the Great Falls Tribune this week, asking essentially, What would God think of this? Here's a small excerpt: I'm startled by the frenzied opposition to health care reform. Are these good people Christians? Do they recall that Jesus will judge us not by how well we've kept our earnings for ourselves but by how we have cared for "the least of these"? Matthew 25:31-46. This is a matter of salvation. I don't believe God supports any particular solution for health care. But I do believe God wants everyone, even the least, included. And I believe Jesus Christ calls us to display our best Christian virtues in the debate on these issues. Here's George Lakoff's perspective on how language influences the discussion on Health Care policies this seas...

Boler Mania

O.K., I decided to collect images of interesting Boler paint jobs off the internet - I love my Boler, and I love colour, and well.... here's the combo. Maybe I should figure out how to knit a Boler?! So I have added a slide show (on the right hand side of the page) of Cool Bolers!

December Doings

It's been a while since I up-dated, mainly because it's the holidays, and we are running about singing at every opportunity, working on Christmas gifts, making pies, catching up with darling daughters and friends, knitting on more gifts, choosing the scotch for the Christmas Athel Brose, admiring the new candlesticks we received as a gift from the Wans ...... it's a good time of year :) * the Scotch choices include this single malt from the area our friends, Peter and Joni live -named after the Spey River near Glasgow! * It finally snowed, first time this year on December 12 th -very late, and instantly went into the negative numbers for degrees..... with wind chill it has been as low as -23! * the Reindeer Games hat is being made for a gift - shhhhhhhhhh !! don't tell :) *Jon's considerable pie making skills were married to Robbin's filling fandango, and we came up with a pie filled with apples, cultured sour cream (+one egg!), walnuts,coconut and lots of fr...