Friday, July 25, 2008

Our Deer July Visitors


Guess who stopped by for lunch today? Pippin was barking (what's new?) so I went out to call him in. There on the other side of the fence was a beautiful 1 - 2 year old buck - flirting with Pippin! They tossed their heads at each other, and after a few minutes, I see another one sauntering over to check us out. I had seen signs that someone had been sleeping in the yard. Pippin eventually got in the neighbor's yard, and chased them down the alley - but they were amazingly unfazed by the whirling bull dog. It was more like "he's irritating, let's split!"

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi Robbin, Just found your blog and liked the deer story. We had a deer in our yard eating our tomato plants earlier this summer, which was surprising b/c we're in suburbia. But I guess they get around!

techwiz said...

Hi Robb, I haven't read your blog for awhile, but I was just working on mine and thought I'd stop by and see what was new. Boy! You have all kinds of widget goodies on your page now. I like the knitwitch. And wow! Nice buck! Also, the raised beds look good.